There tends to be a lot of movement in a warehouse, from moving items back to inventory from the showroom floor, shipping to customers or re-stocking returns. Whatever the task at hand is the last thing you want is to spend hours trying to hunt down a specific product, particularly if its need quickly and for a customer. When it comes to the organization of your warehouse inventory there are some very basic and semi-obvious tasks at hand such as:
Labeling inventory by SKU (stock-keeping unit) number and labeling products with an information label including type of product and description ensures that when you are going through your inventory, you can easily track and store it.
When you have an abundance of inventory, it helps to keep the same types of products in the same place, so that you can more easily find what you need.
Stack items vertically instead of horizontally. This saves on space in the warehouse and makes it look neater, since boxes and products can be neatly stacked on one another. The only exception to this is furniture and appliances, which must often be situated one behind the other.
If you are fortunate enough to be using Sage 100 an enterprise level business management software system, you have the option to step above the “basic organization” of your warehouse and take advantage of the IIG Multi-Bin software enhancement available to you:
IIG Multi-Bin for Sage 100:
Complete software for tracking of quantities by multiple bin locations by items within a warehouse.
• Provides a fully integrated software solution across all applications, processing quantities by bin
• Allows for committing inventory from bin during order entry, pick ticket printing or manually during the shipping data entry or invoice data programs.
• Allows for setting allocating policy based on smallest quantity, bin priority or received date.
• Allows for specifying bin numbers according to zone and 3 user defined segments.
• Allows for setting auto receiving bins or don’t allocate (hold) bins.
• Allows for wave picking, pull from bulk/over-stock bins by aisle to the pulling area to the pick area.
• Provides a traveling bin functionality which creates a mobile bin for staging and preparation of shipping.
• Allows for integration IIGs RF/Mobile Vertical Solution for Sage 100 along with IIG Shipping Solutions.
Please contact Janice Haywood, Channel Sales & Marketing Manager, @ (818)956-3744 or email@example.com for details regarding a demonstration and information on IIG Multi-bin.