Dealing with unhappy, angry or difficult customers can really take the “wind out of your sails”! When you’re in the Service Industry and a potential customer has an abundance of other options when it comes to service providers, keeping customers happy is the only way to stay afloat. When faced with the obstacle of an unhappy customer your first priority is to put yourself into a customer service mindset, however sometimes this obstacle may tend to put you into a “defensive mode”. Ultimately you will need to set aside any feelings you might have that the situation isn’t your fault, or that your client has made a mistake, or that he or she is giving you unfair criticism.
All that matters is that your customer or client is upset, and that it’s up to you to solve the problem. Once the situation has been resolved, you will spend extra time with follow up to make sure that they are happy with the resolution. You will most likely go above and beyond to exceed their expectations in attempts to compensate for their initial discontent. For instance, you could send them a gift certificate; give them a great discount on their next purchase, all of which is additional cost on top of the extra time spent to solve this issue.
Customer service issues will arise, it is the nature of doing business and to expect customer service issues to never come up is really hiding your head in the sand. As said by Benjamin Franklin “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.” Success in the service industry truly relies on having in place a systematized workflow that can assist you in eliminating additional time and cost associated with unsatisfied customers. Information Integration Group, Inc. (IIG) has just the solution:
The Service Management Solution developed by Information Integration Group, Inc. (IIG) integrates seamlessly with Sage 100 Products. This powerful enhancement can handle all of your service needs from entry of service calls, management or field technician schedules, invoicing for material and labor to costing of contracts.
Service Management Solutions specific features include Technician Scheduling, Billing, Contract Management and Inventory Control.
- Creates multiple dispatch board views by defining the information displayed for each service call as well as the selection criteria for displayed service calls.
- Allows for the addition of new service calls using the dispatch board
- Allows for auto creation of tasks based on preventative maintenance contracts defined
- Allows for auto creation of installation services calls based on options selected during order entry and the routing options defined
- Match technician skills to requirements defined for each nature of task
- Track technician availability and prompt for customer scheduling conflicts
- Communicate dispatch information to technicians via email or fax
- Display history of service calls for specific item/serial number or specific location
- Auto generation of installation task based on routes designed from the sales order
- Optional integration with Map Point
- Streamlines billing by allowing for loading of labor and material service calls into MAS90 Sales Order or an invoice Transaction
- Allow for entry of labor and material on the field using PDA Device
- Auto generation of renewal invoices for annual contracts
- deferred revenue tracking for annualized contracts
- Allows for generation of warranty contracts for each item
- Ability to set rates for material and labor based on defined contracts
- auto Generation of contracts from Sales Order module using template contracts linked to inventory items
- Track inventory at customer site and maintain technician truck inventory
- Allows for creation of purchase orders for material needed for service calls; visual display notifies dispatcher as product is received for the generated purchase order
- Allows for entry of field data
Please contact Janice Haywood, Channel Sales & Marketing Manager, @ (818)956-3744 or email@example.com for details regarding a demonstration and information on the IIG Service Management Solution.