The systematic use of available space and precisely identifying containers in real-time is a challenge while attempting to streamline logistics(Advanced Landed). Rearranging containers can be a costly and unproductive process, especially once they have been loaded for transit . Most businesses address these problems through manual methods such as performing routine yard checks, logging information in regards to arriving and departing containers at the gate, and recording each container moved within the yard. All of these issues arise, as do many others, making it necessary to automate and monitor the shipping information to streamline logistic functions.
Information Integration Group, Inc. (IIG) a leading developer of enhancements to provide Advanced Distribution functionality in Sage 100 offers the Advanced Landed Cost/ Container Tracking solution which streamline logistics functions by:
- Enter vendor invoices for the container while products are in-route. Allows applying invoice costs to all the items in the container ( no need to wait until products are received at the port of entry).
- Receive the inventory in-transit into a Sage 100 warehouse designed by vendor. Inventory is moved out of in-transit warehouse during the actual receipts of goods.
- Allows you to receive the inventory by container and auto generates receipts of goods transactions for each PO.
- Receive the inventory in-transit into a Sage 100 warehouse designed by vendor. Inventory is moved out of in-transit warehouse during the actual receipts of goods’.
- Automatically creates AP invoices for landed costs entered at the container level upon updating of receipts of goods in the warehouse.
- Allows you to enter the duty classification code for each item. Duty amount is auto-applied to each item in the container.
- Keeps track of import dates and custom information for each container. Allows you to monitor shipping information as your goods approach their point of entry.
Please contact Janice Haywood, Channel Sales & Marketing Manager, @ (818)956-3744 or firstname.lastname@example.org for details regarding a demonstration and information on IIG Advanced Landed Cost/ Container Tracking Solution.